Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Poor Tyler

This week I am on a business trip in Huntsville Alabama. I thought I had everything taken care of back home. - Day care arranged, lists made for each day, laundry done, etc. On Monday morning I dropped the kids off at the day care. Cried for a minute, because it is the longest I have been away from my baby. Pulled myself together and got to the airport. Spent the next 10 hours on three different flights, and arrived safely in Huntsville. I was tired, but I woke up the next day early so we could meet with the folks at Redstone Arsenal. Then I got the first text from Tyler. "It said, Sam has a fever." Instead of following my perfect plans that were left behind, Tyler had to cancel his full day of appointments to stay home with a sick kid. Today, Sam was fine, so Tyler sent the kids to day care and worked hard to make up for his lost day. Then tonight, I get a text that says, "Logan just puked all over the van." I guess Tyler is getting a dose of the reality of single parenting. I feel so bad that I am not there to take care of my sick babies, but I know Tyler has it all under control. He HAS to be in court tomorrow, so hopefully all kids will be fine and able to go to day care. So much for my super organizational skills making everything run smoothly while I am gone. :)

Here in Alabama, it is 100 degrees with 75% humidity. My hair is UGLY, my makeup lasts only a few hours until I sweat it off, and today I got chewed out by a lady who thinks we "lied" about her in a meeting. I will be glad to go home tomorrow night even thought I don't get in until midnight. I have one more meeting at NASA Marshall Space Flight center in the morning - I don't anticipate any yelling, but you never know... I can't believe I used to travel like this all of the time. It is a lot of work, and I am exhausted.

3 comments:

  1. So sad. I feel badly for both of you. I am guessing it is just as hard for you not to be home. Hope they are feeling better today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry...for both of you! I hope all is well and Tyler makes it to court.

    Welcome to my world of 100% humidity. I'm still not used to it, and we've lived here for 10 years. I went running this morning, and it was only in the 70s, but I was completely wet in about 5 minutes. Yuck.

    And I hope you don't think I am the MOST terrible friend ever. Although you would have every right to. I have been thinking about you constantly this month--and hope you had a wonderful birthday. Let's talk soon...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's the funny thing about kids- you can plan everything just right and things like that can still happen!! ARRGG!! But hopefully all is well!

    ReplyDelete