Friday, January 14, 2011

Strange School Lunch Requests

Jack had a doctor's appointment earlier this week and the doctor was concerned that he had not gained any weight in a year - he has dropped from the 50% to the 20% for his age.  He has only grown taller and skinnier.  She asked us to pump him up a bit with additional calories.  The problem is the kid doesn't stop moving and is not very hungry, so we are going to have to get creative.  He went shopping with Tyler yesterday and picked out some foods.  He also announced earlier this week that he was sick of turkey and cheese sandwiches in his lunch.  I told Tyler to switch it up and make some PB and J's.  Apparently this is not what Jack had in mind.  This morning, Tyler went to work early, so I made his lunch.  I tried to convince him to eat school lunch, "Meatloaf Cupcakes".  He informed me that he didn't think that school lunch meatloaf would be good like Grandma Gloria's.  He asked me to pack whole wheat crackers, A-LOT of smoked salmon, pineapple, and some fruit roll ups.  Where did this kid come from?  That was definitely the strangest lunch I have ever packed.  I am glad he wanted healthy food, but there are no extra calories in what he chose.  Maybe when he comes home I will feed him a stick of butter :)

1 comment:

  1. Or you could get him a bunch of heavy whipping cream. That's what my brother, Sam, used to bulk up in high school :)

    ReplyDelete