Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Catching up - Sam's B-day

I have a lot of catching up to do with my blog.  August was a big month.  Starting with Sammy D's 5th birthday.  This was the first year that Sam got excited.  He asked me every day for a few months how many days there were until his b-day.  He would make sure I had things on his list.  It made me just as excited as he was and also it guaranteed that I would go a bit overboard with presents out of pure giddiness.  Here are some fun pics from his special day.



I let my kids have friend parties on the birthdays with multiples of 5, so this year I was in big trouble, because pulling off a b-day part was just not in the cards.  Luckily, Sam is the most laid back kid ever and was thrilled with my idea of inviting Rachel and Kate along with his brothers to the bounce house for a special party.  Here are some fun pictures from the bounce house.  I love their red faces, they all ran and bounced for a solid hour.  Kate was funny, she always wanted to hold Sam's hand or slide together.  Sam just happily did as he was told.  After the bounce house, we came home and ate Kung Fu Panda cupcakes and opened a preset.  Sam was very excited to get his own Lego set.


Bonus story about Sam and Kate.  A few days ago, Sam asked me if I had a crush on Daddy.  I told him that I had a huge crush on daddy which made him grin.  I asked him what a crush was and he said it means that you love someone and you want to marry them.  I asked him if he had a crush on anyone and he said that he had a crush on Kate.  I asked him when that happened, and he told me that Kate told him that he had a crush on her, so he did.  He said he has a crush on me too.  Then he walked away.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday cute boy!! And I think that at least one of my girls needs to marry one of your boys...we should set it up now, lol.

    ReplyDelete