Thursday, January 12, 2012

2011 Catch Up - Halloween

Halloween was an extravaganza this year!  Long before Halloween, we told Logan that he got to be a chicken, and this resulted in various conversations throughout each day where Logan would say, "I be a chicken for Halloween?"  He was thrilled and excited, and has not gotten over this.  When we asked him what he wanted for Christmas, he replied, "I be a chicken for Halloween!"   When he realized that people were going to give him candy, this quickly became the happiest day of his life!

We started the Halloween fun on October 28th.  There was a carnival at Jack's school.  The kids got to dress up, and I volunteered to help at the bounce house.  It was fun.  Sam dressed up as Mario.  The store bought  mustache was too itchy, so I painted one on him.  He is easy to impress and was certain that it was amazing.  At the carnival, there were 5 or 6 other Marios and one Luigi.  I would watch Sam walk over to Luigi and just stand by him with the biggest grin ever.  He would not speak to the kid, but loved standing next to him to complete his costume.  It totally cracked me up.

Jack was dressed up as either Obi Won or Anakin depending on how he had me do his hair and what color of lightsaber he was carrying.  These boys of mine come up with the funniest things!

On the 29th, we had a trunk or treat at the church.  Tons of candy!  On the 30th we carved our pumpkins.  We didn't make it to a big pumpkin patch this year, but we got pumpkins from scouts, the carnival, and our garden.  They were very thick skinned and difficult to carve, so they turned out, how should I say this, different than I would have planned if I could control the universe of pumpkin carving.  Tyler got out the power tools and had a blast.  I spent several days cleaning up pumpkin dust.  You can see that they are very happy with the results.



On the 31st, they trick or treated their hearts out and came home with very full bags of candy.  I stayed home and passed out treats, and Logan came home half way through to get warm.

I was really glad when the Halloween Extravaganza was over.

No comments:

Post a Comment