Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Memorial Day Fun

As promised, Monday was a family fun day.  We settled on a bike ride along the Trail of the Coeur d'Alenes.  There are a ton of places you can pick up the trail, and we went up to the mountains (Enaville) to catch the trail.  We rented a tag along bike for Sam.  We have a trailer for Logan.  When we arrived at the trail head, we unpacked the bikes (which we shoved into the back of the van; we probably need a bike rack :))  Tyler went to attach the tag a long and it the screw heads were stripped.  On to plan B, we put Logan and Sam into the trailer and off we went.  The trail was amazing.  It is nicely maintained, there were people, but it was not crowded, and there were plenty of places to stop, rest, and enjoy the view.  We rode for 6 miles before we turned around.  We stopped once each direction and got out to play.  The highlight for the boys was that the chipmunks would eat their granola bars.  Logan even fed one a "fruit by the foot".  My favorite was the Logan kept asking me, "Can I talk to them?"  I would tell him that yes he could talk to them.  Then he complained, "Mom, they aren't talking to me!"  Too many Disney movies!  I was pretty surpised that I could ride for 12 miles.  It has been a few years since I have been on a bike, and I was still pretty sore from the yard work.  Jack did great too!  Tyler could have gone a lot farther even hauling the two little boys along.

On our way home, we stopped to buy a few more things for the garden and some groceries for a BBQ.  Tyler made a yummy dinner and we ate our first salad from the lettuce that we grew in the garden.  We also used some chives from our garden for our potatoes.  YUMMY! 

While I cleaned up, Tyler and the boys planted more of the garden.  At some point, Logan was getting in the way, so I brought Sam and Logan in to give them a bath.  I am not sure that I will ever get my bathroom clean again after three days of muddy baths.

Here are some pictures of our ride.



4 comments:

  1. I thought Jack didn't know how to ride a bike. I must have missed him learning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Job Dear! i enjoyed seeing it,

    Mwaks!


    If you have a minute, please check out my blog and follow me if you liked it. I'll appreciate it so much! Thanks!


    Blow a Rainbow

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these pictures, you need to add some more to your blog, it's been a while. Mostly I wanted to show you I finally got some help learning to comment from Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Got a new picture, that's a start! Love that picture!

    ReplyDelete