Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Double Digits!

Jack W has entered the tween years.  It is so unbelievable that he has been in my life for 10 years.  If has gone by so quickly, and he has brought so much joy to our family.  I was thinking a lot about it and realized that the day he was born was one of the most monumental days of my life.  We had tried so hard for so long and he was a miracle, an answer to lots and lots of prayers, and a cure for a broken heart.  Being his mother is an amazing thing.  Enough with the mushy stuff...

Jack demands enjoys pomp and circumstance, so he reminds me a lot when his birthday is approaching.  He wakes up and runs to the kitchen table to see if I decorated it.  This year, I bought Avengers themed decorations and some sugar cereal.  I also bought a lunchable (so gross, but they love them) to take to school for lunch.  He was thrilled.  He also brought M&M cookies to his class, but he made me buy extras, so that he could pass them out to friends that were not in his class.

For dinner he wanted to go to Texas Roadhouse.  He likes the food, but his real reason for choosing TR was that they don't just sing to you.  They make you sit on a saddle and scream and yell and sing.  This is the kind of pomp Jack enjoys very much.


When we came home, he got to open his gifts: Legos, money, Thor club, Harry Potter books, Lego instruction book, and a Nerf tornado squirt gun.  He was thrilled with everything.

After presents we had chocolate cake with chocolate frosting and cookie dough ice cream.  We are still planning a party for his friends. 

Sam was thrilled to celebrate Jack's birthday and kept saying, "Mom, can you beleive that Jack is 10?"  He sounded like a little old man.  He was very interested in telling me what to buy him.  Logan kept telling me that it turned into his birthday now.  He also sang happy birthday to me the whole day long.  Pretty funny boys.

1 comment:

  1. Enjoyed the new pictures and posts. You have a great family! Grandma G

    ReplyDelete