Saturday, March 17, 2012

2011 Christmas in Utah

We packed up the van and drove to Utah the day after Christmas.  We had tons of fun!  Here are a couple of highlights.
Wirick Family - We went to the Air force museum at Hill AFB with Tyler's brother Brady and his family (wife + 3 girls).  I spent the hour or so chasing Logan from one end of the museum to the next.  He loved it, but could not walk in order.  We also had the traditional Wirick Family party.  Brady's girls loved my iPad.  My favorite was when Kelly asked me if she could play ornery birds (angry birds).  It is also lots of fun to buy girly toys for these little cuties.  They are very cute and sweet when they open them up.  I took 0 pictures at the party - dang it.  I think Sam looks just like his cousin Katelyn.  I snapped a picture after the air force museum for proof.

Beautiful girls - When I am in Utah, I love spending time with my beautiful nieces.  For their birthdays, we have a tradition with the big girls to do a craft together.  I take them to the craft store, and they choose something that they love.  Then we go back to my mom's house and make it.  Gracie and Rachel have December and January birthday's, so we do theirs over Christmas.  They both chose to do 12X12 wooden frames with a scrapbook page.  We always have so much fun, and the finished product is beautiful.  I am not sure why I have never thought to take pictures of this!  I also started a new tradition.  We had a "little ladies lunch" with the nieces age 5 and up on the Ballard side.  I took my mom too, and we went to the Greenary which is a perfect place for a ladies luncheon.  They all looked so cute.  We went shopping at the boutique after lunch.  It was one of my favorite things of the whole year!  I actually planned to take a picture this time, but left my camera home.  After lunch we all went bowling with the rest of the family.  Here is a fun pic that I stole off of my SIL's facebook.  The girls are all in the middle; aren't they amazingly cute!
I have to mention that while the girls were being crafty, the boys made "Man Crafts"  Tyler and his dad helped the Jack, Sam, and Jake make rubber band guns.  Mike helped them make wooden knifes complete with blood painted onto the blade.  Also, we pretty much steal Jake and make him a brother when we are in town.  Jack and Jake can not spend too much time together.

While Tyler and Jack went rabbit hunting with his family, I took Sam and Logan to my friends home in Bothwell Utah.  Sam was pretty sad that he couldn't go with the big boys until I told him that we were going to a farm with real horses.  My friend has a private blog and doesn't list her childrens' names, so I wont either, but I will say we loved visiting and had so much fun.  Looking at the pictures makes me miss her!  It is always fun to visit with long time friends.  Jack and Tyler popped in after their hunting trip and Jack immediately asked to ride the horses.  They were so nice to get the horse saddled up for my boys.  Jack was all business.  Sam was a little more reserved at first, but sang and talked the whole time on the horse.  Logan was in heaven.  He would not come inside.  He helped with chores, fixed a fence, played with rocks and sticks, and fed the horse A LOT of apples.  It was hard to get them to leave, and they told everyone for days about their trip to the farm.  One funny thing, Sam is not a country boy.  He got bored really fast and wanted to know if they had any video games.  Completely the opposite of Logan!



Since Jack and Jake got a lot of sleep overs and boy time, Sam wanted to have a sleep over with Isaiah too.  They watched movies and had lots of fun playing together.  I tried to get them to pose for a picture and this is the best I got from these too goofy boys.


We also had a lot of fun at the Ballard Sibling party where we ate yummy food, and played games that made us laugh all night long.  Tyler and I got to go on a date on New Year's Eve, because my wonderful sisters in law threw a darling kids new years eve party with Minute to Win it games.  We came back early and played games with the grown ups.  My sister and her family were in town from North Carolina, so we also had fun spending time with her.  I always love the time I get with my parents and the rest of my family.  It was hard to leave them all!

No comments:

Post a Comment