Monday, March 1, 2010

Congrats to Sonora!!!

I am so excited for my brother Steve (and family). His restaurant, The Sonora Grill, has been voted best Mexican restaurant in Utah. Check out the article here. Congratulations Steve!

Now any of you reading this blog that are anywhere near Ogden Utah you need to go eat at Sonora grill. (The drive from SLC is worth it!) You no longer need to take my word for it.

It is hard to recommend a dish since they are all so yummy. My favorite is the Achiote Salmon. The guacamole is amazing, and if you just need a taco - check out Taco Tuesdays! Seriously guys even if Steve did not own this restaurant it would still be my favorite.

You can see how beautiful it is on the website. It is a fun place for a grown up date, but also very kid friendly. Jack craves it all of the time. Jack is also very excited for Steve's success. He told me that this is what I should write on the blog. (It sounds even better if you picture Jack talking in a deep "grown up" voice and standing on his tip toes to show how tall Steve really is.) "Hi, my name is Uncle Steve Ballard. I have the best Mexican restaurant in Utah and the world. You should eat there."

Also, if you are looking for a great place to have a party or business meeting Sonora does a great job. I hosted a work meeting there and it is still the talk of the office. They have a fantastic meeting room with all the hook ups for presentations. He has even done weddings and high school reunions.

Here are some pictures of our family having a yummy dinner! P.S. we don't always wear matching clothes. We went to dinner after having family pictures done.

The cousins demonstrating that the tortilla chips are bigger than their heads!

The girlies. Layla showing that the salsa is so delicious, that you cannot stop eating - even for pictures!


Gretchen is a HAPPY girl when she is at Sonora! She likes drinking her soda as much as she likes drinking the salsa (I'm not kidding).

5 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy! Mexican food is my favorite!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why do you do this to me?? I CRAVE Mexican food, especially since there is not one too be found for hundreds of miles around here. I know where I'm going when we get to Utah!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Angie. Steve smiled when I read Jack's contribution. I've never seen that picture of the girls before. It's darling. And makes me wonder what other pictures you have hiding on your computer. . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is awesome.. I will have to scope it out !! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to your brother!! I hear you rave about this place all the time...can't wait to give it a try on our next trip to Utah.

    ReplyDelete