Friday, August 28, 2009

A conversation with Jack

Sorry for a double post today, but I want to make sure I share the conversation I had with Jack yesterday. There was a commercial on TV about how many licks it takes to get to the tootsie roll in a tootsie pop. I said, "That is a commercial from when I was a little girl." Jack responded, "Oh, that is why it looks like it is from the olden days." I stood speechless, so he continues..."Wait, so they have really had that commercial for like 198 days." Still not sure what to say, so he keeps on going... "Weren't you born in 1950?" OK, I had a response to that. I told him no, I was born in 1974. He says, "oh yeah right, 1950 was when the dinosaurs were on the earth." I was almost in a puddle laughing so hard. I told him that 1950 was about the time Grandma was born. He said, oh cool and walks away. I am still pretty shocked to know that I lived in the olden days.

One more funny thing from Jack... At back to school night last night he asked his teacher if they were going to have field trips. She said yes, they have one in the fall and one later in the year. He responds, "Oh last year I didn't get to go on a field trip because I didn't get here until Obama became the president." I was about to explain, but she understood completely and said, "Oh did you move in late last year?" Isn't that funny that he remembers the time of our move because of Obama taking office. One of the first school activities he had here was a little booklet about Obama's childhood and background. He was really into the elections last year and asked me a lot of questions. I am just hoping he doesn't end up being my little Alex P. Keaton. (How many of you get that? :))

1 comment:

  1. Hilarious! I know Alex P Keaton & I am afraid that Jake will be right there. Love the remarks about your age.

    ReplyDelete