Tuesday, September 1, 2009

First Day of School 2009

It is a big year for the Wiricks! Jack is in second grade at Prospect Elementary. His teacher's name is Mrs. Palmerton. He had a great first day yesterday. He knows 3 kids in his class, and he is very excited to sit next a girl who speaks Spanish and English. He gets to earn pretend money that he can use to buy prizes from his teacher and he thinks that will be very cool. He said that 2nd grade is going to be awesome. He also left his folder at school, so our very first day of returned assignments - big fat F. He doesn't think he will get in trouble. I tried to brace him for it, so if it happens he doesn't cry.


Sam started preschool today. We had an open house yesterday; we went together and found his cubby and met the other kids. They are all from our ward, and his teacher is Miss Shelly who is also in our ward. She has been teaching preschool from her home for a long time. Everyone raves about her. Sam has been begging to go to school like Jack, so I was happy to find something that works with our schedule. He is the youngest in his class; it will be fun to see how much he picks up. Today he was picked up by Jenna's mom - apparently carpooling is almost as exciting as going to school. He gave me a quick hug and ran to the car. He was not worried about leaving me at all. When he got back, he ran up the drive way, grinning his Sammy grin, and gave me a big hug. Then he told me everything he did: play with play dough, color, play, snacks, and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. I was surprised to know that she feeds them lunch (I should read the paper work more thoroughly). He even had a dry pull-up and went potty as soon as he got home. Before school, I told him that I needed to take his picture outside. He was thrilled to be "yike Jack". You can see that he is not bashful for the camera. He pulled out some great poses. The final pose was his "fire power" pose from Night at the Museum. What a cheeser. He also convinced me that he had to have a new backpack for school and insisted that he wear his "preschool pants" today instead of shorts.

I am looking forward to a drama-free, happy, peaceful, and fun year. I will let you all know how that goes. :)

Not to be out done by his big brothers, Logan figured out how to roll from back to front today on a flat surface. Guess where I found him...Under my bed. Goodbye days of laying him on a blanket and walking away for a few minutes, I will miss you.

3 comments:

  1. I smiled reading your post just thinking about Sam's grins.

    And he looks way too old in those pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What handsome boys you have! I love the first day of school "poses".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling, darling boys you have there, lady!

    I got your email about coming back, and it's been so crazy I haven't had a moment to spare to write back. But come back. Please?

    ReplyDelete