Monday, November 9, 2009

Best Parenting Advice Ever...

Feel free to pass this along to your friends.

Do you have too many toys in your house? Are you tired of your kids leaving their toys all over the floor? Well I have a solution for you!

Buy one of these




After a few weeks of tears, your children will start picking up the toys that they would like to keep and only those they don't care about will remain on the floor.


When your children are in tears over a toy that has been consumed or at least terribly chewed up, you will have the opportunity to have deep meaningful conversations with them. They go something like this.

"Wow, you are right, Superman is dead. That is so cool; Charlie's teeth must be made of kryptonite."
or
"No, you don't need to throw that star wars toy away; it looks like he really was in the Clone Wars now. He must have survived a great battle with the droid army."

(Your kids will think you are so cool, because you are up on all of their interests.)

You can also teach them about science.
"I guess this is one more theory to add to how the dinosaurs became extinct."

or

"Yes, I can see your striped underwear in Charlie's poop. I guess a dog his size cannot digest a whole pair of underwear."

And apparently, your kids will also learn how to give service. (bonus)
Don't walk, RUN to your nearest pet shop and pick up one of these invaluable parenting tools!
Stay tuned for my next post on how to "antique" your new furniture.

6 comments:

  1. I think the neatest part about having an asset like that in you home is the final and most important lesson: dealing with loss. You can tell them any sanerio you like, I like the one where the farmer needs help at his "farm". We used the"sold it to a gay guy in Idaho. We were able to get two teaching moments out of that:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "gay guy in Idaho" LOL I also wanted to include the birds and bees talk, but thought that it would be a little too much. We had a visitor dog and Sam asked what they were doing. I got to use the term "special hug"; and I did it without a snicker. Puppies are such a good idea ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. special hug, lol. Puppies are a good idea...in theory. I still don't think I could ever do it, despite the valuable lessons. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My.goodness. Who knew I was so lacking in parenting skills! After reading this post and all the comments, well, I'm ashamed of myself for not getting one of thse special tools sooner. Although, I still can't say "special hug" without snickering...

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is really really funny.

    my poor kids might not turn out right without one.

    wait, we had hamburger.

    ReplyDelete