Sunday, November 15, 2009

Fun, Cold Weekend

I think Jack prayed in the snow. He has been waiting and waiting for snow. Finally Friday night it came. When we woke up on Saturday there was a dusting of snow covering everything and it was COLD! We had some friends from Post Falls come down to visit us, so that they could go to the Boise State/University of Idaho football game. Tyler was sad to cancel his fishing trip that was planned with a friend from the ward, but his brilliant wife suggested he take Dan fishing before the game. They left at 7 am - did I mention that it was COLD. They fished for several hours and then bundled up for the football game at 1:00. While the men-folk were gone, Cyndi, her daughter Summer, the little monsters, and I went to the Craft Warehouse to find a project. We had fun being creative and catching up. Cyndi left 4 of her 5 kids at home with their Grandma. Dan and Cyndi have great kids that I miss very much. I got to know each of them in primary and scouts. Each have provided me with memories that I will never forget. She has a Sam who used to tell me about a rock band that he was starting. I think he was in 3rd grade at the time, and he wondered how much I would pay to come see him. Then he showed me his notebook of the songs he wrote and sang them all to me. Melody (Jack's age) talked to me like we are best friends, we shared lots of secrets, and I loved it. Jarom and I had great talks during hikes at scout camp, and Cayson tricked me out of chocolate for going potty even though in reality he was totally potty trained. Miss those guys!

When Tyler and Dan returned from the game, they were cold and tired, but grinning ear to ear to tell us all about their fishing adventures. I figured I would post their bragging pictures for all to see. We sure had fun, and we love visitors. hint hint

Dan

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you all had a great time!!! Love the bragging pics!!

    ReplyDelete