Monday, November 2, 2009

Proud Primary Moment

For sharing time, the kids were playing charades. Their topic was how they could serve their family. The kids had already acted out reading to a sibling, playing Legos with a brother, raking leaves, etc. There was time for one more kid, and Sister K picked Jack W's stick. I stiffened, a little nervous and a little excited to see what he would do. If nothing else, I knew he would put his all into the acting out part. Then in what seemed to be slow motion, Jack started softly barking like a dog, squatted down and made a grunting noise, and then acted out shoveling up dog poop. Not once, not twice, but over and over again. I was laughing so hard, out of embarrassment, that I had tears streaming down my face. All of the adults were looking at me. One of the little girls in my class started copying him. I had to tell her to stop, and that it was not funny.

You have to love Sister K though, she keeps a straight face and a with a smile says, "Wow Jack, that is a big responsibility. Children, when you have a dog they have to go to the bathroom outside, and if you don't clean it up then you can't play outside can you? Jack serves his family by cleaning up after the dog so that they can play in their back yard."

Jack goes back to his seat and continues with the sound effects even though I am sure lasers were shooting out of my eyes across the room into his brain!

Seriously people, can't we cancel church the day after Halloween? I have never seen 100 kids in the same room with a sugar high. It was NOT FUN!

4 comments:

  1. Oh Angela...that is so Jack and so funny and so wonderful. I miss you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Ang, that had me laughing and crying!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you were laughing & then shooting lasers. He is so very very funny.

    ReplyDelete